AIHA Names New Fellows for 2023
These professionals have been nominated by their peers for their outstanding achievements in the field.
AIHA, the leading organization in occupational and environmental health and safety (OEHS), has chosen six distinguished members to be the association’s newest Fellows. These professionals have been nominated by their peers for their outstanding achievements in the field. Their selection as AIHA Fellows highlights their significant impacts and heightened reputations within their respective areas of expertise.
The Fellows designation is granted to AIHA members in good standing who have demonstrated exceptional commitment to OEHS. Eligibility requirements include full, continuous membership to AIHA for at least 15 years, along with recognized contributions to the OEHS field through research, leadership, publications, education, or service to AIHA. The nominees are carefully selected by the AIHA Fellows Selection Committee.
The individuals selected as 2023 AIHA Fellows are:
- Joseph Cocciardi, PhD, MS, CSP, CIH, REHS, RS, nominated by Raymond A. Lloyd, CIH
- Kim Diep, CIH, nominated by Shane S. Que Hee, PhD, FAIHA, on behalf of the AIHA Biological Monitoring Committee
- Susan E. Kotowski, PhD, CPE, nominated by Sheree L. Gibson, PE, CPE, FAIHA, on behalf of the AIHA Ergonomics Committee
- J. David Krause, PhD, MSPH, CIH, nominated by John Springston, CIH, CSP, FAIHA
- William J. Mills III, PhD, MSc, CIH, CChem, nominated by Steven D. Jahn, CIH, MBA, FAIHA, Robert Henderson, MBA, and James McGlothlin, PhD, CIH, on behalf of the AIHA Real-Time Detection Systems Committee
- Ziqing Zhuang, PhD, nominated by Joy Jacobsen, MS, CIH, CSP, CRSP, EP, on behalf of the AIHA Respiratory Protection Committee
Lawrence Sloan, AIHA CEO, expressed his admiration for the Fellows as a group. “The AIHA Fellows represent an exceptional caliber of OEHS professionals,” he said. “Their remarkable work has helped advance the profession, and they are widely respected in their field. We are excited to see how they will continue contributing to the improvement of workplace health and safety.”
AIHA is the association for scientists and professionals committed to preserving and ensuring occupational and environmental health and safety in the workplace and community. Founded in 1939, we support our members with our expertise, networks, comprehensive education programs, and other products and services that help them maintain the highest professional and competency standards. More than half of AIHA’s nearly 8,500 members are Certified Industrial Hygienists, and many hold other professional designations. AIHA serves as a resource for those employed across the public and private sectors as well as to the communities in which they work. For more information, please visit www.aiha.org.
Share on Socials!
2023 Upton Sinclair Memorial Lecture to Examine Lingering Effects of Rubber Industry
How tomorrow’s sustainability leaders can benefit from past successes and pitfalls
Health risks of methylene chloride to trigger EPA regulation
Leaders in Industrial Hygiene
• BOWMAN Dispensers, LLC
• Miller Electric
Sign up to receive our industry publications for FREE!