DuPont Launches #TyvekTogether Increasing Protective Garment Supply
DuPont (NYSE:DD) today launched a new program, #TyvekTogether, to increase the overall availability of Tyvek® personal protective garments in the company’s continued efforts to help combat the spread of COVID-19 and protect health care workers. At full capacity, this initiative could deliver 6 million additional non-surgical isolation gowns per month by enabling others to join us in protecting even more frontline responders.
“There’s a critical need for protective apparel, and we believe that working with other companies to convert their existing cut-and-sew manufacturing capacity to protective garment fabrication is the fastest way to protect more people,” said John Richard, Vice President & General Manager of DuPont Safety Solutions. “Our dedicated employees around the world are working 24/7 to make more Tyvek® material and patterns available to more organizations, working together to protect those who are protecting us.”
DuPont has invested in equipment and technology to significantly increase its production of Tyvek® and Tychem® garments globally to meet the ever-increasing demand for personal protection equipment (PPE). Since January we have increased production of Tyvek® garments by more than 9 million garments per month specifically for COVID-19 response, which is more than double the amount produced for any prior crisis. The #TyvekTogether Program will introduce a new specialized Tyvek® fabric to enable an increase in the amount of garment production for the COVID-19 response to 15 million garments a month.
The #TyvekTogether Program includes the following components:
- A new #TyvekTogether fabric, Tyvek® style 1222A, that has similar barrier properties to the core DuPontTM Tyvek® 400 garment offerings with adjusted fabric drape and hand to optimize material usage.
- Tyvek® style 1222A is available in roll-good form to existing and new customers with available cut-and-sew capabilities to increase the total amount of Tyvek® garments available as quickly as possible.
- DuPont will provide garment designs—including patterns and virtual manufacturing support—for a non-surgical isolation gown and a coverall that are optimized for simple and productive manufacturing. With these patterns and technical assistance, we aim to accelerate the speed that new converters are able to begin producing PPE.
- Partners can also use their own designs for coveralls and garments to meet local needs.
- Additionally, DuPont will donate more than 57,000 Tyvek® coveralls directly to the states in the US most impacted by COVID-19.
The DuPont Personal Protection unit of DuPont Safety & Construction remains committed to helping to protect those who protect others, especially as we strive to protect the dedicated workers on the front lines fighting COVID-19. For more information about the #TyvekTogether program, visit TyvekTogether.dupont.com.
For more information about DuPont’s complete COVID-19 response efforts, please visit, https://www.dupont.com/news/
About DuPont Personal Protection
From first responders to industrial workers, DuPont provides a wide range of personal protection solutions including some of the most trusted and innovative brands in the industry, such as Kevlar®, Nomex®, Tyvek®, and Tychem® to meet your safety needs. More information can be found at www.personalprotection.dupont.
About DuPont Safety & Construction
DuPont Safety & Construction is a global leader in delivering innovation for life’s essential needs in water, shelter and safety; enabling its customers to win through unique capabilities, global scale and iconic brands including Corian®, Kevlar®, Nomex®, Tyvek®, GreatStuff™, Styrofoam™ and Filmtec®.
DuPont (NYSE: DD) is a global innovation leader with technology-based materials, ingredients and solutions that help transform industries and everyday life. Our employees apply diverse science and expertise to help customers advance their best ideas and deliver essential innovations in key markets including electronics, transportation, construction, water, health and wellness, food, and worker safety. More information can be found at www.dupont.com/.
Share on Socials!
Walmart employee tells OSHA that 58 workers tested positive for COVID-19 at a Fort Worth fulfillment center
After a decade, OSHA issues new railroad construction rules
California passes bill first in the nation to require hospitals & other healthcare facilities to have 45-day supplies of PPE at pandemic levels
Leaders in Industrial Hygiene
• BOWMAN Dispensers, LLC
• Miller Electric
Sign up to receive our industry publications for FREE!