Fundamentals in Industrial Ventilation
REGISTRATION IS LIMITED
“One of the best courses I’ve attended. The instructors were eager to share their knowledge. The practice exercises helped to reiterate the concepts covered in the class.” – Rose Gushanas
“I went into the course with very little application skills or knowledge about ventilation. I feel that I have a solid foundation now to build my career upon now.”
– Rolando Fargas-Martinez
“Overall, it was a great training class! As an engineer, it provided great knowledge on hood design and the fan laws.” – Kyle LevanenACGIH has announced a new date for its popular Fundamentals in Industrial Ventilation (FIV) course – August 22 – 26, 2022 in Chicago, Illinois.
If you can’t make the August date, there is still space available for the October 17 – 21, 2022 course in Chicago, Illinois.
This hands-on course taught by world-renowned industrial ventilation experts, covers both basic and advanced topics related to industrial ventilation and related calculations. Students will leave the FIV course with extensive knowledge on:
- The behavior of air and chemical contaminants in the air
- Industrial process exhaust system design (including ACGIH calculation methods)
- Make-up and supply air ventilation systems
- Dilution ventilation systems
- Selection and design of exhaust hoods, ducts, and fittings
- Fans and air cleaners (including Fan Laws)
- Troubleshooting and testing of existing systems
- Hands-on testing and measurements
- Calculation and estimation approaches related to airborne contaminants
- TLV and TWA
- OA for dilution, fans, system testing, sound and noise, heat stress, radiation, ventilation, statistics, chemistry, etc.
- A calculations lab in which participants work in a team environment
Each student receives:
- ACGIH’s Industrial Ventilation: A Manual of Recommended Practice for Design, 30th Edition, Industrial Ventilation: A Manual of Recommended Practice for Operation and Maintenance, 2nd Edition and Quantitative Industrial Hygiene: A Formula Workbook
- ACGIH Velocity Pressure Method Calculation Spreadsheet for performing calculations and equations covered in the primary workbooks provided with the course, including ventilation system design
- Copies of classroom materials including: PowerPoint presentations, copies of labs, exercises along with supplementary course materials, and course handouts
Share on Socials!
Employers can bar unvaccinated employees from the workplace, EEOC says
VPPPA Announces Next Level Safety
Hear Ye, Hear Ye: Conservation Programs Mitigate Noise Exposure
Leaders in Industrial Hygiene
• BOWMAN Dispensers, LLC
• Miller Electric
Sign up to receive our industry publications for FREE!