OSHA issues guidance to employers to help protect oil and gas workers during the Coronavirus pandemic
OSHA has released coronavirus-related guidance to reduce the risk of exposure to the coronavirus for oil and gas workers.
Employers with workers engaged in the oil and gas industry should remain alert to changing conditions, and implement infection prevention measures accordingly. The guidance includes information regarding:
- Deferring work requiring close contact with others, if that work can be postponed;
- Configuring communal work environments so that workers are spaced at least 6 feet apart;
- Staggering workers’ arrival, break and departure times;
- Ensuring adequate ventilation in work areas to help minimize potential exposures;
- Implementing other appropriate engineering, administrative and work practice controls, and use of appropriate personal protective equipment; and
- Encourage workers to wear face coverings as a source control to prevent the potential spread of the virus.
Share on Socials!
Bodytrak Partners with Industrial Protective Products (WA) to Bring a Game-Changing Connected Worker Solution to Australia
Sign up to receive our industry publications for FREE!